Thursday, June 4, 2009

Coming Soon!!

Hiya friends!

It's Ian Tanner here, from the so-called Blogosphere (!), letting you know that a new blog is coming soon featuring a comprehensive, one-sided history of my first "important" band "The Awakening." If you were a fan of this band, you might be happy to read my posts on various aspects of my time with this Canadian "christian" rock band.

In a nutshell... I've been re-discovering old material recently. I've been re-mastering our old releases, mostly because a few of them in their official form sounded simply awful. It's amazing what running a master mix through a "Waves" plugin can do to make something sound fresh and new again, 20+ years later! In that spirit, I have decided to reminisce in a public fashion about my days with The Awakening.

Stay tuned. More to come!

Ian - June 4/09

3 comments:

  1. Hey, glad to hear this. I have loved "Into Thy Hands" since picking it up at my local Christian bookstore in the Fall of '88. Thanks for a terrific album, and I am looking forward to reading the posts here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ernie! I hope there's not TOO much reading here! I'm pouring out stuff at a rare moment of clarity!!
    Cheers and thanks for the support.
    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. any idea on how to get copies of into thy hand and sanctified along with the 86 project in cd form... so want these again. they were great? thanks.

    ReplyDelete